You have a Web site for your business, and you’ve even created a Facebook page for it. The page, though, is stuck with all the default settings. Aside from the occasional entry, there’s not much else there to attract potential customers. In other words, people have little reason to check out your company’s Facebook page.
This is easily remedied, thanks to the ever-increasing number of social media networking opportunities. Below is a list of Facebook apps that can help your business and keep people coming back to your Facebook page.
Tools for customers
There are several apps out there that help customers who check out your Facebook page, whether it’s simply a better way of contacting you or posting job openings. Here are a few:
* Contact Me: This makes it easy for potential and current clients to get in touch with you. Easily customizable, you can also add your other social media feeds.
* Jobcast.net: You can hire staff using this job recruitment app. Jobcast.net allows you to add a careers tab to your Facebook page, post jobs to either your wall or careers page and social share to LinkedIn or Twitter.
* Promotions: Businesses can create promotions, set up contests and sweepstakes and promote themselves through coupons and giveaways.
Apps to help your business
Whether it’s managing your business contacts or a finding new employees, there’s an increasing number of Facebook apps that can help your business. Here are a few:
* Livestream: Allows you to share a live event on your Facebook page.
* My BusinessBlinkWeb: You can create a widget with this app. Every time a client, friend, etc. installs the app from your Facebook page, your Web site shows up on their profiles.
* My LinkedIn Profile: Displays the social networking site for professionals to your Facebook profile.
* NutshellMail: This app will send you an email with a summary of all your social networking activity. It also works for Twitter.
* Pagemodo: If you don’t want your Facebook page to stuck on its default settings, Pagemodo helps you make it more visually appealing and user friendly. You can add photos, change fonts, show off your products and embed videos.
* Professional Profile: You can create a personalized profile specifically for your professional contacts with this app.
* SocialFly: This app helps you manage your contacts by creating notes about them and then allowing you to set reminders when you need to communicate with them.
Improve business productivity
According to Facebook, there are more than 550,000 active applications for the social networking site, and of that total, many were created with the sole intention of improving business practices. The best part is, many of these apps are free and easy to use.