For all the good it does, one area in particular where Facebook is lacking is customization. Simply put, if you want to customize your company’s Facebook Fan Page, you either need to know coding, or you need to find a Web site that will customize your site for you.
Facebook is increasingly being used by businesses that want to stretch their already-thin marketing dollars while increasing their reach. Facebook’s marketing machine never stops, too. If just one user “likes” your site, then all of that user’s Facebook friends can see your site, too. The multiplying effect is one of Facebook’s most powerful marketing tools for businesses big and small.
Anyone can set up a Facebook fan page. Once all the key information is typed in and relevant photos, videos, content, etc., is loaded, you’re ready to go. But that’s sort of liking buying an expensive sports car, minus any options. Or, a better example, it’s like being offered all the options for free, then turning them down.
So below are a few sites to check out if you’re looking for free Facebook themes and profile backgrounds.
SPRUCE UP YOUR PROFILE
* Free Banners: More than a million use this site each month, due in part to its user-friendliness and wide selection of already-created banners.
* ProfileBanner.com: You can publish a timeline cover or a graphic banner with this easy-to-use application. All you have to do is upload one of your own images or pick one of the site’s images.
* Webfetti: This site specializes in Timeline banners. Pick out one of their banners or customize your own.
* myFBBanners: They have a wide selection of banners, or you can create your own.
* Blingify: Blingify has a large selection of banners, covers, backgrounds and graphics, among other tools.
* The Facebook Banner: With a large selection to choose from, The Facebook Banner has several banners that would be particularly good for small businesses.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR THEME
* Facebook Page Templates: This site has dozens of paid and free templates, separated by category, including a number of templates that would work well for small businesses. The best part: You don’t need to type in a single line of code.
* FacebookiFrame Templates: They have a number of free templates that are geared toward businesses.
A potential customer will go to your Fan page looking for a product or service. But if all they see is a bland page with the default settings, chances are, they won’t stick around. You want to give customers a reason to go to your Fan page. And once they are there, you want to give them a reason to stay on your site – and come back time and again. That’s where visuals come in handy. Customized templates and profile banners make your Fan Page look more professional, but it also makes it more visually appealing. Ultimately, customers are more likely to spend time on a site that’s visually appealing.